13 May 2020
Over our 97 years in business we have met many challenges. During such times, the Barfoot and Thompson families have stood behind their people and communities, supporting and helping in every way possible. We remain committed to you, our community and customers. We will get through this.
Our priority is the safety and well-being of our people, clients, family, friends and communities. We are dedicated to providing our clients with the best service possible during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have a comprehensive COVID-19 Alert Level 2 Health and Safety Plan that will enable us to continue to operate effectively while keeping our clients and people safe.
Latest Update: Wednesday 13th May 2020
Following the Government’s announcement to move to Alert Level 2 at 11.59pm on Wednesday 13 May our COVID-19 policies have been updated.
The following services are available and will observe the recommended Ministry of Health, WorkSafe, and REINZ guidelines related to registering attendees for contact tracing, physical distancing measures, hygiene practices, and contactless services where possible:
- Our branches will reopen for essential services on Thursday 14 May.
- Barfoot & Thompson staff continue to be available to assist customers, with many still working and contactable remotely.
- Property appraisals, viewings, and contract signings can all be conducted in person or digitally.
- Open homes or private viewings by appointment are permitted upon agreement with our vendors.
- Auctions can be held on-site with live streaming and bidding also available online – find out more here.
- Rental property inspections will be carried out where appropriate – find out more here.
- Pre-settlement inspections can take place.
The following third party services can also be undertaken:
- Property valuations.
- Professional photography and videography.
- Home staging.
- Moving services.
Answers to common questions
We know that many of our vendors, potential buyers, landlords, and tenants may have questions.
Don’t hesitate to contact your salesperson or property manager if you have further enquiries.
For more information on the pandemic, please visit covid.govt.nz